BRONZE MEDALLION – Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge of basic patrolling and surf awareness in order to be able to participate in lifesaving operations. This is the core award to be a surf lifesaver in Australia.
Course Date (BM2) – More information/to register click here
Bronze Medallion Course 1 Dates
- Wednesday 6th November 2019: 6pm – 9pm
- Saturday 9th November 2019: 9am – 3pm
- Sunday 10th November 2019: 6pm – 3pm
- Wednesday 13th November 2019: 6pm – 9pm
- Thursday 14th November 2019: 6pm – 9pm
- Saturday 16th November 2019: 9am – 3pm
- Sunday 17th November 2019: 8.30am – 3pm
Course Dates (BM3) – Register for course
Note: Participants must attend all sessions and show competence in the final assessment to be awarded the Bronze Medallion qualification.
Candidates must meet ALL of the following conditions:
- Be at least 15 years of age on the date of final assessment
- Complete an unaided swim (goggles/masks permitted) of 400 metres in nine (9) minutes or less, in a swimming pool of not less than 25 metres which will be observed prior to the candidate undertaking any water training or assessment activities.
- New Members $200*
- Existing Members $50
*Includes course fee, insurances and two seasons membership fees.
Unit/s of Competency
On successful completion of the Bronze Medallion course, participants will receive the following units of competency
PUA21012 Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
- PUACOM001C Communicate in the workplace
- HLTFA211A Provide Basic emergency life support
- PUASAR013A Participate in an aquatic rescue operation
- PUATEA001B Work in a team
- PUATEA004D Work effectively in a public safety organisation
- PUAOHS001C Follow defined occupational health & safety policies & procedures
- PUAOPE013A Operate communications systems and equipment
- PUASAR012C Apply surf awareness and self-rescue skills
Candidates may also be issued with the following unit:
- HLTAID001 Perform CPR